ACER Aspire A515-43 issues after upgrading RAM

shennnnnn
shennnnnn Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello today I upgraded the RAM in my ACER Aspire A515-43. I installed a Crucial 8gb DDR4-2666 SODIMM to supplement the 4gb that came with the laptop. Now, the fan is running very loud and its blasting more often than usual. Also, the CPU core temp is I believe running slightly hotter. Its averaging 55C, sometimes reaching up to 70C. Are these problems caused by the new RAM? Thanks in advance

Answers

• shennnnnn

Tinkerer

is it ok to have a 4gb and an 8gb RAM? or should they be matching
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    shennnnnn said:
    is it ok to have a 4gb and an 8gb RAM? or should they be matching
    it has to be in same module. 2x4gb or 2x8gb
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • shennnnnn

Tinkerer

But I've read that there is virtually no issues with doing this ? That if they are the same frequency it doesn't matter? Can you advise me otherwise
  • shennnnnn

Tinkerer

I am struggling to find a solution to this question... Is it better to have 8gb Dual than to have 12gb Flex? 
  • christy1
    shennnnnn said:
    I am struggling to find a solution to this question... Is it better to have 8gb Dual than to have 12gb Flex? 
    dont worry my frd pls provide the 1st 10digit for the sn number. 

• mbczip
    mbczip Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

shennnnnn said:
    amd ryzen processors do better with dual channel memory so if you have a choice it would be better to get 2 4GB sticks than one 8 for ex.
  • shennnnnn

Tinkerer

@christy1 the serial number? First 10 digits are as follows... NXHG8AA001

It seems that the laptop gets particularly hot while it's charging, otherwise it is ok. If I was to do 2x8gb, is this possible or is the 4gb soldered to the motherboard?
  • christy1
    shennnnnn said:
    @christy1 the serial number? First 10 digits are as follows... NXHG8AA001

It seems that the laptop gets particularly hot while it's charging, otherwise it is ok. If I was to do 2x8gb, is this possible or is the 4gb soldered to the motherboard?

There you go. it has to be same sequence as informed.