Split Audio Interface

Options
rofl
rofl Member Posts: 3 New User
Hey, guys!
I just bought a JBL Quantum 100 and was looking to use not only for gaming but also to give work support through VOiP.
When I plug my headset, that is a P2, it works perfectly, but I won't get notifications on my laptop, only on the headset, which it's how it's supposed to, but I need more.
So I was wondering how can I create a different audio interface, separated from the realtek one, for the p2 headset.
Cause I need to have two split interfaces so I can configure notifications on the computer regular audio, and calls, in game audio etc on the headset.
If it was a USB headset it would be fine, but... yeah.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    You have a couple of options, one which will just work for the calls is by setting the headset as the default communications device under the sound settings (voulme -> sound -> playback), seoncd is a bit faffy where you can enable and disable the sound device when you open an app to shunt it onto another one ( pain though) , third is buya  cheap USB audio adpter and just configure your app (if it supports it) to use that rather than the realtek
  • rofl
    Options
    Leostat said:
    You have a couple of options, one which will just work for the calls is by setting the headset as the default communications device under the sound settings (voulme -> sound -> playback), seoncd is a bit faffy where you can enable and disable the sound device when you open an app to shunt it onto another one ( pain though) , third is buya  cheap USB audio adpter and just configure your app (if it supports it) to use that rather than the realtek
    I'v tried the first one but got awfull noise. :(
  • rofl
    Options
    And now I think I might have made a mess. Can anyone post the default config for the sound? lol
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    It shouldn't introduce noise :s , with the headphones connected just set the realtek as the default communication and default sound device