What is the normal CPU temperature for simply browsing the internet?

Cessna_Flyer
Cessna_Flyer Member Posts: 2 New User
I just bought an Acer Predator Orion 3000  (PO3-620) i7-10700 about a week ago.
I noticed today that the fan is a little louder than usual so I opened the PredatorSense app that came preinstalled and it says these are the temparatures:
CPU = 75C
GPU = 42C
System = 32C

I haven't played ANY games on it yet just simply browse the internet like Youtube. Are these temperatures normal? 

Thanks

Best Answer

• Cessna_Flyer
    Answer ✓
    @Jack22
    I figured out why my CPU temperature was so high. I checked Task Manager and there was something called DTS Audio that was eating up a lot of CPU power for some reason. I simply ended the task and the computer is back to normal temps and no more loud fan noise :)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @Cessna_Flyer
    Predator products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Cessna_Flyer
    Answer ✓
    @Jack22
    I figured out why my CPU temperature was so high. I checked Task Manager and there was something called DTS Audio that was eating up a lot of CPU power for some reason. I simply ended the task and the computer is back to normal temps and no more loud fan noise :)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @Cessna_Flyer
    Good to know that :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
This discussion has been closed.