Help - my 256GB SSD is only showing up as 118GB Predator G3-573-7164

Options
Tom117
Tom117 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi everyone

I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 - Predator G3-573-7164

I reinstalled windows on my PC maybe half a year back and noticed my SSD only showed half of it's storage. I reinstalled windows and tried to follow a few solutions online but nothing really helped. Today I decided I was fed up with being told I had low storage constantly and tried to fix it.

The BIOS (UEFI) didn't show any data really

https://i.imgur.com/K171lEZ.png

I tried doing the partition thing and reallocating space but it just showed up as full and only 118GB of space. Prior to my windows reinstallment, I had 256GB of space and it worked fine. Reinstalling windows was a result of a faulty ram stick (which is now removed - I just thought it was a windows issue)

If anyone has any tips and tricks to help out I'd really appreciate it

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Tom117

When you tried to reinstall windows, you might have kept the old files of your windows program in your storage. Since you've reinstalled the windows, I believe that you're starting from scratch, Try resetting your computer instead. Press and hold the ALT and repeatedly tap F10 when turning on the computer, select Troubleshoot >> reset this pc >> remove everything >> clean drive. 

Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. 

Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You have 128GB M.2 SATA SSD and a 1TB HDD in your laptop, manufacturers claim 1GB as 1000MB but the system recognises 1GB as 1024MB, so actual size of the drive according to system is 119GB.
    (128x1000x1000x1000)/1024x1024x1024=119.