Low Sound Helios 300

Options
SeaJay68
SeaJay68 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
I really like my Acer Predator Helios 300 but one thing that bothers me is how low the sound is. I could hook up some speakers, or use headphones, but that's not always practical.

Is there any way of making the laptop sound louder (other than turning the volume up to the max)? I have the latest drivers, but is there a tweak I am not aware of?

I'm using RealTek because the NVIDIA sound option seems even quieter. Audio Enhancement is also on.

Thanks all

Best Answer

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SeaJay68

I understand that you want more sound, is this the way the volume has been since you got the unit? Because that could be the way it was designed to be, for gaming computer, you cannot expect the internal sound to be at least up to the sound output of a TV or a monitor. If the sound degraded in time, I recommend you to clean off the dusts from the speaker grill on the computer, try downloading a thirdparty sound boost software, the ones I have are paid versions, which I then cancelled because, I mostly use Headphones to play FPS games and use speakers to watch movies. We may just have to live with it. 

Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SeaJay68

I understand that you want more sound, is this the way the volume has been since you got the unit? Because that could be the way it was designed to be, for gaming computer, you cannot expect the internal sound to be at least up to the sound output of a TV or a monitor. If the sound degraded in time, I recommend you to clean off the dusts from the speaker grill on the computer, try downloading a thirdparty sound boost software, the ones I have are paid versions, which I then cancelled because, I mostly use Headphones to play FPS games and use speakers to watch movies. We may just have to live with it. 

• SeaJay68
    SeaJay68 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Third party sound boost might be an option. Could you recommend a good one, please? 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,783 Pathfinder
    Options
    @SeaJay68
    You can check online there are many, it up to your personal choice :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
This discussion has been closed.