What happens if I need to reinstall Windows? - Helios 300 PH317-54

SeaJay68
SeaJay68 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Sorry for the question but, I've always had a CD with a Windows OS on it, but I never received that when I bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-54 (I knew there was no optical drive and I'm fine with that). 

But what happens if I need to reinstall Windows 10, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks all. 

//​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    SeaJay68 said:
    Thank you all very much for your patience and advice. 

Much appreciated :)

EDIT: I don't seem to have the Acer eRecovery Management on my Laptop. At least I can't find it. I have Acer Care Center though, but it doesn't have the backup/recovery facility. 

EDIT: It looks a little different but it does have something called 'Create Backup'. 

super then try to create a backup and your safe. hope its helpful. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    @SeaJay68

these recent days we dont have to worry about the disk. OS is embedded internally on the unit. if the unit is booting. then go to settings >>>update & security>>>recovery oprions >>>reset this pc.  or   try shift key and restart.

Image result for restart on windows 10

>>> go for Trouble shoot>>> reset this pc. if its not booting then use altgr and f10 as soon as you turn on the unit. if that doesnt work, try the below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
  • SeaJay68
    edited February 2021
    christy1 said:
    @SeaJay68

these recent days we dont have to worry about the disk. OS is embedded internally on the unit. if the unit is booting. then go to settings >>>update & security>>>recovery oprions >>>reset this pc.  or   try shift key and restart.

>>> go for Trouble shoot>>> reset this pc. if its not booting then use altgr and f10 as soon as you turn on the unit. if that doesnt work, try the below link.

Thank you. A few more questions:

1. Do you mean, for the alternative method, I hold down the Shift key whilst clicking on Restart?

2. What happens if my SSD drive will not boot, how would I go about retrieving my OS then seeing as I do not have the serial/license number?

3. What is Altgr?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    The Licence number is built into your motherboard and will automatically be picked up if you re install using the ISO / media creation toolkit :), AltGr is justy the key next to space :D
  • SeaJay68
    Wow! I never realized there even was an Altgr key on a keyboard! First time I noticed that  =)   

Thank you for clarifying for me :)
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    Also you can create a recovery USB drive if you would like in advance, head to start -> recovery drive. This creates a USB stick with windows on, and if you want, all the currently installed drivers! Super useful and realy recomended to speed up a reinstall 
  • SeaJay68
    edited February 2021
    Leostat said:
    Also you can create a recovery USB drive if you would like in advance, head to start -> recovery drive. This creates a USB stick with windows on, and if you want, all the currently installed drivers! Super useful and realy recomended to speed up a reinstall 
    Thanks Leo, I was going to use the Microsoft Media Creation tool but your way sounds better. 

EDIT: Start...can't find 'Recovery Drive'. 

EDIT: Found it via the 'search' facility :)
  • christy1
    edited February 2021
    SeaJay68 said:
    christy1 said:
    @SeaJay68

Thank you. A few more questions:

1. Do you mean, for the alternative method, I hold down the Shift key whilst clicking on Restart?

2. What happens if my SSD drive will not boot, how would I go about retrieving my OS then seeing as I do not have the serial/license number?

3. What is Altgr?

1.yes its an alternative way to do a reset.
    2.if the ssd is not recognized then the os is installed on the ssd, so we have to fix the ssd and then try. better to create a recovery media. check in acer care center app. Image result for recover in acer care center

3.Image result for altgr
  • SeaJay68
    edited February 2021

EDIT: I don't seem to have the Acer eRecovery Management on my Laptop. At least I can't find it. I have Acer Care Center though, but it doesn't have the backup/recovery facility. 

EDIT: It looks a little different but it does have something called 'Create Backup'. 
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    SeaJay68 said:

super then try to create a backup and your safe. hope its helpful. 
  • SeaJay68
    Brilliant!

Thanks all once again.