How to access front fan Orion 3000 PO3-620?

Fingarn
Fingarn Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi,

I have upgraded the case fan at the rear of the case. I want to proceed and replace the front fan aswell. However, I do not understand how to open up the front of the case. Anyone out there who can explain? Is there an exploded view of the predator orion 3000 P03-620 case availiable?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Fingarn said:
    Hi,

I have upgraded the case fan at the rear of the case. I want to proceed and replace the front fan aswell. However, I do not understand how to open up the front of the case. Anyone out there who can explain? Is there an exploded view of the predator orion 3000 P03-620 case availiable?
    Hi,
    Please follow the sequences in my snips.

• Fingarn
    SeoulFinn said:
    Hi there!

I'm still waiting for my unit to be delivered, so I can't really help you. Sorry! I'm planning on replacing both fans, so I'll be interested to know this as well.

Can you share with us what fan did you install in the back? Thanks! And while your case is open, could you measure the clearance from the motherboard to the side panel? You see, I'd like to replace the original CPU heatsink with an aftermarket one. If you have done this already, which HSF did you get?
    https://noctua.at/en/nf-a9-pwm

Will get back with measurements when I get around to exchanging front fan. Changing back fan lowered noice from 90dB to 83 dB on full fan speed.
  • Fingarn
    edited February 2021
    Clearence to motherboard is 155mm. And CPU cooler fastened with screws cc 75mm.
  • Fingarn
    edited February 2021
    Fingarn said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Please follow the sequences in my snips.

Good guide @brummyfan2 . Between step 1 and 2 the screws holding the headphone thing had to be taken out, otherwise my front wouldn’t come off. Top right corner of the case, right behind the headphone thingy.

• Hi @Fingarn
    Thanks for the feedback, it will be useful to others.