Strange static noise after spilling liquid on Aspire F15! Any help? - F5 - 572G - 764T

Nowi276
Nowi276 Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
This morning I accidentally spilled hot chocolate (barely warm) on my 2015 Acer Aspire F15 laptop (model: F5 - 572G - 764T). I felt super desperate because I thought all of data or the components would instantly shock out. I immediately flipped the laptop upside down and began to clean all of the remaining drops. After I over turned the laptop, I stared in pale shock towards the touchpad and mouse flickering erratically in random places. External mouse didn't help. 
After 5 minutes of stumped frustration and panic, everything went normal. 
The mouse functioned well. Touchpad responded. Experimented with the keyboard by typing up the Alphabets. 
Normal as it should be. 
Although I felt paranoid that my story on Notepad didn't save, I felt stumped on how the liquid (didn't) affect the inputs of my keyboard.
Sticky keys (heh heh see what I did there?), invisible textured mousepad..... everything worked functionally. No data loss. Network, sound, and video cards are in good working order. 
After a few minutes of writing, I halted and curiously placed my ear against the keyboard to find a strange static sound humming from beneath. 
Please note that this sound also occurred before the spill and there are some other foreign sounds as well such as another static noise after I play music or SFX from the speakers.
To top it off, what do I have to do to in order to get rid of the strange static?

Any help would be appreciated! :) 

//​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    turn it off, turn it upside down and leave in a warm place to dry out properly for a day at least would be a good start. (place a sheet of kitchen towel between the screen and keyb if you close the lid)
  • Nowi276
    Ok I will try to do that and leave it overnight. Though I'm sure there wasn't so much damage splashed all over my keyboard and internals, just for the sake of safety and functionality, I will see what happens. Will report tomorrow concerning the condition of the laptop. :)
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Nowi276 said:
    Ok I will try to do that and leave it overnight. Though I'm sure there wasn't so much damage splashed all over my keyboard and internals, just for the sake of safety and functionality, I will see what happens. Will report tomorrow concerning the condition of the laptop. :)
    its more a case of drying out the little droplets that have gone down the sides of the keys etc.   hopefully an overnight dry will sort it out, although moisture on electrical contacts can make it wear/corrode quicker than would otherwise be expected.  hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.  good luck.
  • Nowi276
    So, I powered on the laptop. Everything works fine. Boot up, desktop wallpaper, keyboard, touchpad. A few tiny issues here and there such as the Shift, CTRL, CAPS LOCK, Tab keys were a little 'sticky' meaning they feel a bit harder than softer but shows no repeated characters when depressed. The strange static buzz is still lingering in the middle of the keyboard. Does it have to do with the motherboard itself? Because I don't think the spill affected 90% of the damage or anything seeped into the keys. Aside from the spill issue (which has been lightly solved on my end), is there anyway I can get rid of this strange buzzing sound? To my best hypothesis, it has to do with my motherboard. Even before the spill happened, I justify that there is some component that could be on the brink of malfunctioning. I pray that doesn't happen because I gave it a thorough alcohol and dust cleaning (plus thermal gunk replacement) 2 months ago. The sound is not super loud but only loud enough if you place your ear against the keyboard. A very light "zzzz" sound.