I have a predator po3-600 monitor issue.

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Overheating/fan control SOLUTION (CPU/GPU).

Comments

• spiffin
    spiffin Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a predator po3-600
    CPU: i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz
    monitoring chip ITE IT8613E
    operating on latest windows 10 version 19041.804

now it seems like Argus Monitor works sometimes, I can apply manual but it does not work(it will work maybe 1/10 times after a min or so of doing nothing) but shortly after it does work and I can throttle the speed and its responsive, it stops. every time. the longest I've gotten the fan to run is maybe 2 min. CyberPunk 2077 is going to fry this cpu. It demands 100% cpu usage with minimum settings, which turns my cpu into an EZ-Bake oven sitting at 100C. If I let Acer's bios control my cpu fan, it will never turn on. The front fan will just throttle to max and stay there because it is desperately trying to cool my cpu witch is sitting at max temp. my system has never shut down but I really don't want to let it sit at 100c until it does. So I've been trying to use Argus Monitor with not great results. The cpu fan wont come on, and when I finally get it to, it will stop shortly after. And the fan goes full off, doesnt sit at 40% when nothing going on it straight up turns off. I've cleaned the dust out, its got no dust in it. the computer is only a year old. This is the second one I got because the first one had screws rattling around straight out of the box(I didn't even chance that one and just went to the store and traded it). I really don't know why Acer's bios has such a hard time cooling my cpu. I cannot control fan's at all from bios and I really don't want to chance updating the bios just for cpu fan. My front fan will throttle from playing runescape ffs. That the least demanding game I have and this computer cant keep itself cool from that. If anyone can help me maybe tweek argus to just keep the fan on at all times I'm fine with that. I will listen to a cpu fan all day in exchange for keeping it below 100 degrees C.