Is it safe to raise CPU power limit in intel XTU? p03-600

drpdrp
drpdrp Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
I have a p03-600 with a b360 I think. I'm running an i7 9700 and my clocks drop because of the 65 watt power limit. I've tested it and I can raise the power limit but I am wondering if it is safe? Without tweaking anything the short boost power limit will go up to 110 watts. Is there any safety measure to protect the VRMs?

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @drpdrp

You can overclock your CPU and GPU, it is not a problem, but please have in mind, that does damages to both of your hardware in time. Both units can with stand the OC, but produces temperature which needs proper cooling units, air cooling isn't the best option if you're going do that, using liquid cooling is the best way, but OC is only if you have a very high end PC with best thermal control technology. I hope this helps. 

Please click on "Yes" If you find this answer helpful. :):)
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • drpdrp
    drpdrp Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Tachi13 said:
    Hi @drpdrp

You can overclock your CPU and GPU, it is not a problem, but please have in mind, that does damages to both of your hardware in time. Both units can with stand the OC, but produces temperature which needs proper cooling units, air cooling isn't the best option if you're going do that, using liquid cooling is the best way, but OC is only if you have a very high end PC with best thermal control technology. I hope this helps. 

Please click on "Yes" If you find this answer helpful. :):)
    I cant OC the CPU, it is a locked CPU that's not what I'm asking. The CPU cant maintain the 4.5ghz turbo when it is being pushed, it drops to 4.0ghz. Is it safe to increase power limit?