Acer Aspire V5-531 sometimes suddenly switches itself off

buddy01
buddy01 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone
My Acer Aspire V5-531 has suddenly switched itself off recently 2 or 3 times. The first time it happened I thought it was just a glitch and thought no more about it. But the last time it happened a few days ago I was very surprised, as it was plugged in at the mains and the battery was then fully charged.
Can anyone help me to diagnose the problem please & how to rectify it?

//​​​​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Comments

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    buddy01

it can be the fan issue , MB, heating issue. is the unit hot? does it have any time frame like 30mins? try the steps below.

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 

If its still doing the same try a factory reset. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • buddy01
    buddy01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is not overly hot. Anyway, I will carry out your advice and see what happens.
    Thanks
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi buddy01,

Try to update the battery driver.