Quality is lacking!!! Veriton X 4665

Options
SymbolicJesture
SymbolicJesture Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Ordered a Veriton X 4665 and when I started to use it I found the keyboard was a bit shaky (like 1/4-1/2" shaky)...  A few days later I got really tired of it and found the keyboard had gotten bent in a "U" shape in shipping (or manufacturing - whatever).  Have contacted Acer and all I get is an automated email saying to send my system back to them.  What?  Like I ordered this thing so that I could be without it for weeks for my home, school, and business?  Total BS if you ask me.  I would have at least expected for a small thing like this they would either just replace it or send me one and a shipping label so I could send this one back (after all it was a problem on receipt)!!!  I thought I was buying a quality machine.  Anyone else have problems with service and getting minor repairs taken care of? 

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Ordered a Veriton X 4665 and when I started to use it I found the keyboard was a bit shaky (like 1/4-1/2" shaky)...  A few days later I got really tired of it and found the keyboard had gotten bent in a "U" shape in shipping (or manufacturing - whatever).  Have contacted Acer and all I get is an automated email saying to send my system back to them.  What?  Like I ordered this thing so that I could be without it for weeks for my home, school, and business?  Total BS if you ask me.  I would have at least expected for a small thing like this they would either just replace it or send me one and a shipping label so I could send this one back (after all it was a problem on receipt)!!!  I thought I was buying a quality machine.  Anyone else have problems with service and getting minor repairs taken care of? 
    Were you able to get it returned or replaced from where you bought it from, you can call acer tech support and get a resolution instead of going through the emails. 

Please click on "Yes" if you find the answer useful.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • SymbolicJesture
    SymbolicJesture Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I bought it directly through them.  I got a message that said they were not operating local stores and that they are working remotely so I'm not even sure if they have a customer service anymore.  I may try calling them to see what the heck!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Do a temporary workaround of using a different keyboard. They are all working from home and the phone system is still screwed up due to that. Things will be a bit slower than normal (though who knows, this might be the new normal) but they will get you fixed. Up. Likely they'll go back to the shipper since it sounds like damage in transit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.