Can I Update my Intel 5500 drivers Graphic Card, Acer E5-473, win 10 x64 Home single in 2021?

Eufratez7
Eufratez7 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi to everyone,

I'm wondering if I can update my Intel 5500 Graphics Card drivers (codename: Broadwell) with the new versions of the Driver Intel Center. As example, I found this update https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30196/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40- . So, I've these questions: Can I use this kind of drivers for my Acer product and avoid the Acer update? It's better? It's this driver (link above) optimal for my pc characteristics (the aspect will be below this messages)? Can I use a manual method to install this updates?

Thanks in advance!

Here my pc characteristics:
Bios: v1.13 (Acer update)
Processor: intel Core i5-5200U CPU; 2.20GHz
RAM: 16GB
Card: Intel HD Graphics 5500 (updated 09/2016 by Acer)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    It's best to run the Intel update utility to find the best drivers for your system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Eufratez7
    Eufratez7 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi JackE,
    Thanks for your reply. I've made the Intel update run and I find this message: 

"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact 
    Acer for the latest driver for your computer."

Should I wait for some Acer update? I've all the update from Acer installed.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    What problem are you having with the intel GPU that  you think another ACER update will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• butthurt_86
    butthurt_86 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    If your laptop  have nvidia dedicated . Then dont update. Both intel & nvidia are customize by manufacturer. (Acer). If just single gpu intel. Of course you can update. If ur intel graphics still support.