Setting up 2nd Monitor with my Acer A315-53G

RnL1918
RnL1918 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can all help me. I have setup dual monitor. However, 2nd monitor was automatically setup to Intel graphics UHD. I want my 2nd monitor to use MX130 and my display of my laptop to Intel UHD. I have some option, going to Advance display setting, but there is no option to change my 2nd monitor to MX130. I also went to Device Manager and both monitors are showing Generic PnP. Also went to Nvidia graphics control but there is not option to choose but only my laptop display. Is there a possibility to use MX130 for my 2nd monitor? 

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi RnL1918,

Connect the units physically through HDMI/VGA cables. Then turn ON the unit. Once you get into the home screen press and hold windows key and tap on P. You will get a menu go with the option duplicate. 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Its electroniclly connected to the intel GPU, but you should be able to force it to use the NVIDIA GPU by either in the nvidia control pannel in the graphics settings set the exe to use the high performnce card, or if that doesnt work try start -> graphics settings -> choose high performace card.

The laptop uses optimus so everyting goes via the intel CPU untill the nvidia is needed to save power, once it is needed the intel just acts like a frame buffer and all the processing is offloaded to the MX :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi RnL1918,

Connect the units physically through HDMI/VGA cables. Then turn ON the unit. Once you get into the home screen press and hold windows key and tap on P. You will get a menu go with the option duplicate.