My DTS:X Ultra remains inoperable in this interface, even if I have plugged in a headset. AN 515-55

liu123
liu123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming

It remains inoperable in this interface, even if I have plugged in a headset. I reinstalled the driver and program but it did not solve the problem.

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like Axxx-xx, in the meantime, go to Sounds, Speakers and click Properties, move to Spatial Sound tab and check whether you have "DTS:X Ultra" option, if you have the option switch to DTS:X Ultra and see whether it helps.

• liu123
    liu123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like Axxx-xx, in the meantime, go to Sounds, Speakers and click Properties, move to Spatial Sound tab and check whether you have "DTS:X Ultra" option, if you have the option switch to DTS:X Ultra and see whether it helps.

nitro5 AN 515-55;it does not work
  • oziozi12
    oziozi12 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated "Dtsapo4service.exe" and "dtscnt64.dll". DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

2) Uninstall Realtek Audio driver and remove all leftover files and registries.

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

9) Reboot after installing all ".inf" files.

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

12) Press "Download Driver" inside of "DTS APO4x" and "DTS APO4x Service"

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

:)