Could anyone answer a couple of question about a Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 ?

Options
Rasuk
Rasuk Member Posts: 1 New User
Specifically this one : 
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8430?b=1&pn=DG.E21EK.00D&sn=DG.E21EK.00D

Model Name: PO3-620

Part Number: DG.E21EK.00D

1. It seems to be one of the most affordable ones with a RTX 3070 and I can't find anywhere that version/maker of this GPU they use.

2. Almost everyone reports 80+ Celcius under stress/gaming and I'm not comfortable with that. It will be used for work (nothing to intense) for 9 hours and then a few hours of gaming every day.

At the moment I have an i5 that doesn't go past 65Celcius with a £30 cooler so I'd obviously like to change the cooler in this PC if I buy it. I've seen a few threads here about this issue. How hard is it to change the cooler in this case ?

3. What motherboard is used for this build ? I'm curious if the RAM can be upgraded past 2400Mhz.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    80+C is normal for heavy gaming use on most every gaming PC. That's where they are designed to run. When used for normal stuff they drop down into the same range as regular PCs, 30-50C, I'm running this laptop at 50-60C or so right now on all cores. Cooler change difficulty depends on the cooler you get. Most have their own mounting brackets and require a motherboard pull to get the stock bracket out. The motherboard is a modified DTX form factor, with a 'diving board' out the front to bring the ports forward without cables. It's one of the new style boards that uses the ATX12VO standard for power, #2 & #7 are the power connectors.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bk227865
    bk227865 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Rasuk said:
    Specifically this one : 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8430?b=1&pn=DG.E21EK.00D&sn=DG.E21EK.00D

1. It seems to be one of the most affordable ones with a RTX 3070 and I can't find anywhere that version/maker of this GPU they use.

2. Almost everyone reports 80+ Celcius under stress/gaming and I'm not comfortable with that. It will be used for work (nothing to intense) for 9 hours and then a few hours of gaming every day.

At the moment I have an i5 that doesn't go past 65Celcius with a £30 cooler so I'd obviously like to change the cooler in this PC if I buy it. I've seen a few threads here about this issue. How hard is it to change the cooler in this case ?

H

3. What motherboard is used for this build ? I'm curious if the RAM can be upgraded past 2400Mhz.

1) It reports the Subvendor as "PCPartner" in the GPU-Z utility. That is the chinese Umbrella corparation that also build the ZOTAC cards. Altough i dont see any brand on my card, so i consider it a nameless OEM.

2) Havent replaced mine case fans , but want to , they make a bit of an annoying howl at certain speeds.

3) about the motherboard : The Bios is a bit of a let down. If you want to overclock or tweak settings like memory timings then stay clear. As there are NO options to do so. A bit of a shame for a gaming rig IMHO.

• drpdrp
    drpdrp Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Rasuk said:
    Specifically this one : 

Uh yeah the GPU does get quite hot but its because the fans are running extremely slow for some reason. If you make a custom fan curve in afterburner the temps drop by about 15 degrees. My 2060 super has a 150mhz OC and the hottest it gets is 77c which is completely safe.