Not able to boot from USB Aspire3 A315-31-POSY

berniemckean
berniemckean Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Aspire3
A315-31-POSY

I have a working bootable flash drive that will not work when trying on Aspire3. I have disabled Secure Boot and when the flash drive is plugged in, it does not show under Boot Options in the BIOS.

Thoughts?

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    enable f12 in the bios (set a supervisor pw first to enable the option).  save and exit and from a cold boot with the stick plugged in, tap away on f12 and see if it shows as an option there (what is the usb and is it uefi?)
  • berniemckean
    I have done this on the only option that shows in the Boot Window Option is Windows Boot Mgr and not USB

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    berniemckean

try doing a bios default. enable only f12 and boot from f12. it has worked many times for me.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I have done this on the only option that shows in the Boot Window Option is Windows Boot Mgr and not USB

whats on the stick? (uefi or legacy) and what was the system you verified it bootable on?
  • berniemckean
    I have defaulted the BIOS and still not USB boot option shows when hitting F12. One the Windows Boot Manager shows
  • berniemckean
    I'm trying to use this linux boot option to blank out the Admin password. 
    https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

• berniemckean
    I have successfully used this flash drive to boot into Linux before so the files work. The laptop is just not seeing the USB device under Boot Options in the BIOS.