GPU (Acer) EL 1850G-42W ( Windows 7),MSI GT 710 2GD3 LP Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3 64-bit Graph

TRJ
TRJ Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Does anyone know:
1. I have a brick power supply, if my problem right now is not enough power for the graphics card, is there a more powerful power supply I can get?
2. Is the GPU on this machine removable?
3. If it is, will the CPU or Windows 7 automatically look for an installed Graphics card?

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @TRJ

Check this video out. Use a GPU that doesn't have fans and only heatsink, my PSU is just 220W and it does support the GT 710, Windows would automatically detect the hardware, but I recommend you to install the Nvidea driver for your Video card. I also recommend you to try this, out of stock now. and Yes you can upgrade your PSU to a higher one, but not too high. 

Please click on "Yes" if you found this answer helpful. :):) 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • TRJ
    TRJ Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey Tachi13, thanks for the advice. I watched the video and I had already done everything that was in the first 4 minutes. It was when I booted the PC and did not get any images on the monitor, like the last 4 minutes of the yt video shows, that I knew there was something wrong. After that, I couldn't get any monitor or output combination to work. All I ever see on the monitor screen is 'No Input on xxx'. Is there anything physical thing I can do on the motherboard that would reset the integrated VGA output to factory (jumper, short pins, etc)? I know that's a tough question because there are so many different PCs out there. The info about the PSU and W 7 is very helpful. I do believe now that if I can just get one of the video ports to work, I can then install the driver.
    Thanks for the help