Acer Predator G3-571...didn't see my exact symptoms

Ravaj
Ravaj Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
I've had the same recurring problem with this laptop for a while. I undervolt the CPU with Throttlestop and undervolt AND underclock the GPU with Afterburner. No matter what the settings I choose, the whole computer crashes on Furmark benchmark for the GPU @1080p...around 53% at almost always 51 degrees Celsius. I should also state that I have already cleaned and repasted the CPU and GPU. Anybody else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? I should also mention the whole reason I started messing with it and benchmarking was that it would crash on games constantly. I also am using an aftermarket elevated cooling pad. It almost seems like the thermal thresholds are set incorrectly, but I have no idea how to change those. Your help is much appreciated.

Answers

• Ravaj
    Also, Yes I am running Predator Sense at full speed with CoolBoost when testing.
  • Ravaj
    ***** no answers?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    What level of undervolting are you using, and does it crash when you dont undervolt?
  • Ravaj
    I started at -90 mV, and worked my way up. I keep it at around -105 mV on the CPU, and underclocked the GPU to around 1000 MHz. These settings are the only ones that get me more than about 5 minutes of any type of gaming at all before the system just shuts down. I've repasted both CPU and GPU twice, and always run Predator Sense with a laptop cooler.