I need to find out what brand hard drives shipped with an Aspire 3000 laptop.

Annie093
Annie093 Member Posts: 2 New User
Can anybody help me out? I’m trying to find the specific hdd model (models?) that may have shipped with product. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @Annie093
    Go to the BIOS, in there you can find which brand HDD came with this laptop.
    In order to go BIOS. Turn on the laptop as soon you see Acer logo keep pressing the F2 key repeatedly on the keyboard so that it will take you to BIOS. Mostly it might be a Toshiba or Kingston.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Annie093
    Annie093 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @Annie093
    Go to the BIOS, in there you can find which brand HDD came with this laptop.
    In order to go BIOS. Turn on the laptop as soon you see Acer logo keep pressing the F2 key repeatedly on the keyboard so that it will take you to BIOS. Mostly it might be a Toshiba or Kingston.
    The thing is I don’t have the original laptop anymore. The acers original hdd was cloned onto a toshiba laptop so I don’t think that would work, especially since it won’t boot anymore anyway. I can still access the drive with a SATA cable and go through the files , would there be any way of finding it out through there?