2019 Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) Battery Won't Charge

Options
sobout
sobout Member Posts: 2 New User
The other day I noticed I had a dead battery when I tried running "turbo mode". The laptop is fully functioning while plugged in however once you disconnect the power supply it immediately turns off - that is to say, despite being connected to a power supply the laptop will not charge and the battery stays at 0%. The battery light on the side is a solid orange color and does not change.

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling drivers as suggested in other threads & looked for a physical battery reset button on the underside of the laptop however my Predator does not have that pin hole so the reset isn't an option. None of the suggested solutions on other threads seem to be working for me.

Here are my HWMonitor battery stats:

Any idea what the issue may be / how to remedy it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sobout

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    Options
    sobout
    is it only on turbo mode. looks like the battery has gone bad. try a factory reset. if its still doing the same,then its a battery issue. needs to be replaced. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • sobout
    sobout Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @christy1 I should have specified, sorry. The problem was only noticed when entering turbo mode however it persists regardless. As a matter of fact, I can't even use turbo mode at this point because it requires a 40% battery charge while connected to the power supple in order to function.

I'll look into a factory reset. Will that erase all my files and everything on the computer / start from scratch? If so, I need to back everything up on a drive because this also functions as my work laptop.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    sobout said:
    @christy1 I should have specified, sorry. The problem was only noticed when entering turbo mode however it persists regardless. As a matter of fact, I can't even use turbo mode at this point because it requires a 40% battery charge while connected to the power supple in order to function.

I'll look into a factory reset. Will that erase all my files and everything on the computer / start from scratch? If so, I need to back everything up on a drive because this also functions as my work laptop.
    You have an option for keep my files. but better for a fully reset with backup. 
    1. Navigate to Settings. ...
    2. Select "Update & security"
    3. Click Recovery in the left pane. ...
    4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
    5. Click Remove everything. ->just remove my files->Reset.
    7. Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10Image result for factory reset in win 10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi sobout,

Try to update the battery driver.