This BIOS is not for your notebook PC Aspire S7-391

MattyT
MattyT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire S7-391, Windows 10, running BIOS 2.02.  I've downloaded the latest versions of the BIOS from the acer website, but when running the utility, it throws back "This BIOS is not for your notebook PC." I've tried restoring BIOS to defaults, running the utility in windows 8 compatibility mode, but nadda.  Would the fact that it's running windows 10 cause this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Link to Acer BIOS download page:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4533?b=1

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    What problem are you trying to fix with a BIOS firmware change? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattyT
    The fans on this model run pretty loud all the time.  This BIOS update provides improved thermal performance
  • JackE
    I suggest you don't try to install the update as you may wind up bricking the machine. If the fans are pretty loud all the time then it suggests your thermal paste needs to be changed between the cpu and the heat sink. It's probably all dried out by now if you've never done it  before. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattyT
    The problem is that the system is telling the fans to turn on when they're not needed.  I recently applied new thermal paste when I replaced the SSD not too long ago
  • JackE
    edited February 2021
    Sorry, I  still suggest that you don't try to force the installation of the update. Safer to try to use fan control freeware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ