Change the battery of my Acer Aspire V3-771G

Options
DenOuwe
DenOuwe Member Posts: 22 Networker
Dear community
I want to change the battery of my laptop, because it gets to quickly discharged. My laptop is equipped with an 4400 mAh, 10,8 V 48 WH battery type AS10D31. I would like to change it to a greater capacity (8800 mAh, 10,8 V). Various models and types are available on the market, with a huge difference in price. Still I'm a little careful because one webshop (123accu.nl) indicates that their housebrand battery (8800 mAh) is not compatible with the Aspire V3, although it can replace the AS10D31. They say it gives an error message when mounted on the laptop. It that correct? Am I obliged to use a battery manufactured by Acer? The original AS10D31 is made in China. 
Kind regards
DenOuwe 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,632 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most batteries are made by at same production facilities but marketted/branded under other names such as Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony, etc. Different brand labels are affixed to essentially the same battery and case. Googling keywords 'v3-771g' and 'battery' is the simplest way to find the least expensive replacement. Little or no quality difference between different labels. The battery offerings on your links seem fine and compatible with your model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    DenOuwe
    Its recommended to use the battery which came with the unit. and yes its a 4400mAh battery for your unit.6L2.2. did you check for docking station options? 

It also says that you can use Battery.
    4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion standard battery pack
    9000 mAh 9-cell Li-ion standard battery pack

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • DenOuwe
    Options
    Hi christy1,
    Thank you for your quick response.
    But I am still a bit confused by your answer: it is recommended to use the battery that came with the laptop. The original battery is Chinese-made by Standard (Shanghai) Energy Co LTD, a Li-ion 20 4400 MAh 10,8 V 48 Wh. It's type is AS10D31 (3INR19/6S-2). What's 6L2.2.? None of the batteries that you indicate are other manufacturers than the one of the original battery. Are those compatible with my laptop? Why those and not other batteries. Does the laptop really give an error message by some batteries, and why not by those indicated in your response? Are the batteries from the business below (found on the internet) not compatible?
     Acer Aspire V3-771G-73636G50Maii Accu - ReplaceDirect.be
    Acer Aspire V3-771G-73638G50Maii Laptop accu's | Accu.nl

Kind regards
    DenOuwe
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most batteries are made by at same production facilities but marketted/branded under other names such as Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony, etc. Different brand labels are affixed to essentially the same battery and case. Googling keywords 'v3-771g' and 'battery' is the simplest way to find the least expensive replacement. Little or no quality difference between different labels. The battery offerings on your links seem fine and compatible with your model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DenOuwe
    Options
    JackE said:

Hi christy1,
    But I am still a bit confused by your answer: it is recommended to use the battery that came with the laptop. The original battery is Chinese-made by Standard (Shanghai) Energy Co LTD, a Li-ion 20 4400 MAh 10,8 V 48 Wh. It's type is AS10D31 (3INR19/6S-2). What's 6L2.2.? None of the batteries that you indicate are other manufacturers than the one of the original battery. Are those compatible with my laptop? Why those and not other batteries. Does the laptop really give an error message by some batteries, and why not by those indicated in your response? Are the batteries from the business below (found on the internet) not compatible?
     Acer Aspire V3-771G-73636G50Maii Accu - ReplaceDirect.be
  • DenOuwe
    Options
    HI JackE,
    I bought a 6600 MAh battery online. It's a little bit thicker then the original battery because it has a larger number of elelents. When mounted into the laptop the battery lifts it up on the rear, but it is sufficient to support the weight of the laptop. It works fine, it gave no error message on the startup. I have approximately 6h of autonomy with this new battery.
    Kind regards,
    DenOuwe
  • JackE
    Options
    I also have the higher capacity bigger battery on mine. Same voltage. Higher Ah. Longer lasting with only a minor affect on opening the lid. Been fine for years.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ