How can I solve my laptop battery that doesn't charge at all

Ali_Hafez
Ali_Hafez Member Posts: 4 New User
I have tried every single method to solve this problem but nothing happens at all. I have updated all of my drivers and bought a new battery and charger for the laptop and I have also discharged my laptop but nothing happens 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Make sure laptop is turned off. Then remove the charger. Then insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ali_Hafez
    JackE said:
    Make sure laptop is turned off. Then remove the charger. Then insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn machine back on. Jack E/NJ
    can this damage any of my computer files

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Should not. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• lubby
    lubby Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I just bought a new laptop that stopped charging. Turned out that I had to push the cable harder into the charging block. Check to see if the charging light is on if not try either wiggling the charging cable or try a new one
  • Ali_Hafez
    JackE said:
    Should not. Jack E/NJ
    if u r sure then I will try and say to you about the result but anyway thank you for your help I appreciate it
  • Ali_Hafez
    lubby said:
    I just bought a new laptop that stopped charging. Turned out that I had to push the cable harder into the charging block. Check to see if the charging light is on if not try either wiggling the charging cable or try a new one
    I will also try this. I am sure it might help me, thanks