Problem with USB-C multi hub (QGeeM) on Aspire A515-55G

Rod2021
Rod2021 Member Posts: 3 New User
I get a warning message that the display port on the adapter QGeeM might be limited when i connect it - from the GGeeM product page it says it needs a USB-C port with DP Alt Mode, where can i find what modes the Aspire USB port supports? Does it support any hubs with hdmi ports?
Also the micro sd card slot on the hub is only being recognised intermittently-  is this a driver issue?
Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    the info you need is in the manual on pages 11 and 61, im afraid it looks like this model doesnt support DP out :( 

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637255515614904290&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE A515-54&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

It wont support any displayport / HDMI hubs but would work with a display-link one.

Unsure about the SD card issue though

• Rod2021
    Rod2021 Member Posts: 3 New User
    thanks for the helpful reply - i also came to the same conclusion after some web surfing. I guess the only way to add two external (extended) monitors is with a standard usb3.0  display-link adapter
    with regards the SD slot it started working again after a reboot. no idea what was up with it.
    the annoying thing is, and i am guessing it is to do with the non-functioning display port adapter, i get a notification alert sound every few minutes with the hub connected, and i can't turn it off - i've tried every option in the device manager and notification settings i can find, but it still keeps sounding alerts (i can't actually find any indication of what exactly the notification as there is no text pop up at all)
    i guess i'll shove that hub in a cupboard and buy a cheap usb-c to usb 3.0 hub to make use of the acer's fairly pointless usb-c port :-)

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    For the annoying notifications, they may be under the global notification settings, if you go start -> notifications you can see the most recent offenders, or just turn them all off !