Intel Processor upgrade? Aspire V5-571P

HooperPC
HooperPC Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have Acer Aspire V5-571P and I want to upgrade it's processor from i3 to i5 or i7? Possible?
Are there any special conditions, such as heat sink or fan upgrades?  I read elsewhere that the processor is soldered rather than in a socket on these laptops.  Is that true, and if so, is a upgrade motherboard feasible for this model?
Thanks for any expert advice.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    HooperPC
    Hi please provide the exact model of the unit. Eg: V5-571P-6473.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • HooperPC
    This is an Aspire V5-571P-6866
  • christy1
    HooperPC said:
    I have Acer Aspire V5-571P and I want to upgrade it's processor from i3 to i5 or i7? Possible?
    Are there any special conditions, such as heat sink or fan upgrades?  I read elsewhere that the processor is soldered rather than in a socket on these laptops.  Is that true, and if so, is a upgrade motherboard feasible for this model?
    Thanks for any expert advice.
    Most of the processors are embedded. try to upgrade the hdd and ram. check for some useful info for your device.

• HooperPC
    Yes, the RAM is an easy upgrade, but I'm not sure if that would give the performance increase that a better processor could.
    So I could open that laptop and might find a removable CPU offering an upgradable socket?  Then shop for one spec'ed in the table you provided?  Thanks
  • christy1
    HooperPC said:
    Yes, the RAM is an easy upgrade, but I'm not sure if that would give the performance increase that a better processor could.
    So I could open that laptop and might find a removable CPU offering an upgradable socket?  Then shop for one spec'ed in the table you provided?  Thanks
    yes changing the ram will give you a better performance. 

you can get the parts from the below link.
    https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/90-where-can-i-order-parts-or-accessories-for-my-computer​