Acer Spin 1 SP111-32N won't turn on or charger

AriannaYes
AriannaYes Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I don't know if anyone is still on here, but last night my laptop died and I just tried charging it as usual, it was acting weird and wouldn't charge. Then as I tried charging it, the orange light started blinking and only stopped if the charger was unplugged. It wouldn't turn on and i just left it for a while. I went back and tried moving the charger in ways, then the light stayed onn and i thought it was charging. The next morning i tired turning it on and i thought it was working but when the computer was turning on, it shut down and now when i try plugging in the charger, the orange light won't even turn on and i'm getting very frustrated with this, please help anyone.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2021
    AriannaYes

Hi dont worry. Remove the charger and press and hold the power button for 5sec unit all the lights goes off.

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.Image result for pin hole on laptop
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • AriannaYes

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    AriannaYes

Hi dont worry. Remove the charger and press and hold the power button for 5sec unit all the lights goes off.

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.Image result for pin hole on laptop
    Mine doesn't have the little hole:( it's just a smooth bottom
  • christy1
    AriannaYes

press and hold the power button for 12 sec. remove the charger when you do it. 
  • AriannaYes

Tinkerer

@christy1
    i did that but it still is not working

• christy1
    @christy1

Is there any light on the side of the unit. 
  • AriannaYes

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    @christy1

There's no light's at all. When I try plugging the charger in, it doesn't even have the little orange light.
  • christy1
    christy1 said:
    @christy1

There's no light's at all. When I try plugging the charger in, it doesn't even have the little orange light.

Is the charger working fine. guess its the charger. pls try with different charger. is the unit under warranty? 
  • AriannaYes

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    christy1 said:
    @christy1

Is the charger working fine. guess its the charger. pls try with different charger. is the unit under warranty? 
    The charger works fine, but i don't think it is under warranty, but just last night the charger was working perfectly until the computer started acting weird.
  • christy1

The charger works fine, but i don't think it is under warranty, but just last night the charger was working perfectly until the computer started acting weird.

You will have to check with local tech as its not under the warranty. please check with different charger if possible. sometimes the charger will be out suddenly. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi AriannaYes,

Press and hold Alt+F10 keys together and try to turn on the unit.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer
    Try this, since you don't have the battery reset button they put on newer models: Disconnect all cables, especially the power. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or long to force a full power off. Wait for 15 minutes or longer to allow for full bleed off of power. Plug just the charger back in and watch for the amber charging light. If it comes on then wait for it to indicate a full charge (light should turn blue) and then turn it back on normally. If the charging light still doesn't come on after the power bleed then the next step is to physically disconnect the battery from the motherboard before pressing the power button and such. Reconnect the battery after the long wait and before plugging power back in. If that also doesn't work you likely have either a bad charger or a bad battery, or both...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.