hugo96 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
This is my laptop spec.

A315-55G-537A
i5-1035G1 CPU 1.00GHz
4GB ram
64bit
Graphic card - mx330

The cases is when i playing CSGO or Dota2, or even youtube, the gpu and cpu usage will suddenly drop from 70% to 20%, fps from 80 to 20. And it is constantly drop and up. Any way to solve this problem? Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    When battery drops to below about 50% charge level, power and FPS is reduced to CPU/GPU so battery can start charging again. Battery charging takes precedent over game playing. For maximum game playing time, battery must be near 100% charged, charger plugged in and power plan set to performance mode BEFORE starting heavy gaming load. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hugo96
    JackE said:
    When battery drops to below about 50% charge level, power and FPS is reduced to CPU/GPU so battery can start charging again. Battery charging takes precedent over game playing. For maximum game playing time, battery must be near 100% charged, charger plugged in and power plan set to performance mode BEFORE starting heavy gaming load. Jack E/NJ
    Hi sir, its still the same, the usage of cpu and gpu still always drop and rise.
  • JackE
    What is battery charge percentage when it drops? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hugo96
    JackE said:
    What is battery charge percentage when it drops? Jack E/NJ
    i always charging the laptop , thats mean it will stay 100%
  • JackE
    edited February 2021
    No! It doesn't mean it will stay at 100%! At high power gaming loads, the battery must assist the charger in providing enough power. At these times, the battery is actually draining even though charger plugged in. It is not charging but helping the charger meet the cpu/gpu power demands. When battery charge level drops below about 50%, cpu/gpu power is automatically reduced so that the battery can start charging again by the charger. If you insist on continuing to play near 50% battery charge, the cpu/gpu power demands will fluctuate rapidly and the game will soon become unplayable. The only solution is to stop playing and allow the battery to charge back to 100% level or to get a bigger higher power charger .  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hugo96
    JackE said:
    No! It doesn't mean it will stay at 100%! At high power gaming loads, the battery must assist the charger in providing enough power. At these times, the battery is actually draining even though charger plugged in. It is not charging but helping the charger meet the cpu/gpu power demands. When battery charge level drops below about 50%, cpu/gpu power is automatically reduced so that the battery can start charging again by the charger. If you insist on continuing to play near 50% battery charge, the cpu/gpu power demands will fluctuate rapidly and the game will soon become unplayable. The only solution is to stop playing and allow the battery to charge back to 100% level or to get a bigger higher power charger .  Jack E/NJ
    hey sir, i dont know what u talking about, ever since the laptop just opened it also mantain same issue, and my laptop below show always 100%
  • JackE
    Check charge level immediately after it starts dropping frames. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ