Issues installing Windows 10 on brand new laptop Extensa 215-53G

Militarista
Militarista Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hello guys,

I must admit this is the first time ever that i ask for help regarding hardware online, but there is first time for everything i guess :)

2 days ago i obtained new Acer notebook, namely Extensa 215-53G with i3 as it fits my mobility needs atm. However i have trouble installing Windows 10 on it.

I used Rufus to create bootable Win10 installation, with GPT - FAT32 set, and it would show in BIOS as bootable device but it would just run error Recovery - your PC/Device needs to be repaired, Error code 0xc0000017.

So naturally i went for disabling-enabling secure boot, changing SATA settings to ASCI, tried different .ISO for windows installation, different USB drive (desperate measures were in place), have run Aomei to make sure drive is GPT, got latest Rufus version... i am sort of running out of options.

I gathered few shots of BIOS settings and error message i have been facting, so if anyone has an idea id like to hear :) Thanks in advance.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to edit sensitive information

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    If you have access to a windows machine, Try with the windows media instaltion tool rather than rufus ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 ) . The issue could be that SATA mode but usually thats just a linux problem. How far in does it get before bluescreening?

Optane is a special driver to increase the speed the processor is able to talk to the storage, if you can get to the option to load a driver you may need to inject it

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000178070/how-to-install-windows-10-when-intel-optane-is-installed-on-your-alienware-system

• Militarista
    Militarista Member Posts: 2 New User
    Leostat said:
    If you have access to a windows machine, Try with the windows media instaltion tool rather than rufus ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 ) . The issue could be that SATA mode but usually thats just a linux problem. How far in does it get before bluescreening?

Optane is a special driver to increase the speed the processor is able to talk to the storage, if you can get to the option to load a driver you may need to inject it

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000178070/how-to-install-windows-10-when-intel-optane-is-installed-on-your-alienware-system

Yes i have access to PC thats how i prepared Rufus image etc. Well it doesnt really get anywhere, i get BSD with error message literally at first second of boot from USB, thing i never experienced before. I tried changing SATA settings but nothing changed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Try recreating the boot drive with a different flash drive, there might be an issue with the one you are using. A crash immediately is likely to be in the EFI load code and that comes off that drive. Everything else looks normal, so it should work. I gather the system was a SKU with no OS loaded? Normally these come with Windows preinstalled... If it were a problem with the SSD on the computer the crash wouldn't happen until after the install environment had loaded and it was getting to the point where it asks where you want to install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rimad
    rimad Member Posts: 1 New User
    So, has anybody found a solution for this problem?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    @rimad are you running into exactly the same issue with exactly the same system? It would be better for you to open a new thread (use the Ask a Question button) and state the full model number (215-53G-xxxx), what you are seeing as an issue, and what you have tried so far. We can then dig into your issue to come up with a solution.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.