Good day. I upgraded my client's E1-531 and now it will not startup.

Andrevn
Andrevn Member Posts: 4 New User
I upgraded my client's E1-531 with extra 2Gb RAM (now has 4Gb) and installed Win10 on a newly installed 500Gb ssd. Problem is if I restart, it boots up correctly. But if I shutdown it will not boot up again. I faultfinded the ram by switching and even using different ram. Still no go. Please help.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Does it hang / not boot / do nothing? Was the drive cloned or a fresh install? If a cloned one it could be fastboot being wonky, could try either flicking it off, or holding shft+shutdown to rule it out as an issue
  • Andrevn
    Hi Leostat

It was a fresh install. The powerbutton lights up and the cd spins up and then dies. And from there it goes in a loop. I even updated the CMOS.
  • Leostat
    edited February 2021
    And it does this with the original ram when its in by itself? It sounds like bad ram, are the two modules the same speed / latency?
  • Andrevn
    It is the same speed. Even if I put in the old ram it still does not come on.
  • Leostat
    You mention when you reboot it works ok, so does that mean it works sometimes and not others? May be worth swapping to the old drive and ram to rule out damage to the laptop (it wont be, but it acts as a building place!)
  • Andrevn
    When I click start, shut down, but choose to restart, it restarts ok. But when I click Start, shutdown and I shutdown then it will not switch on before I remove or add ram
  • Leostat
    How strange! That may be fastbook then, as a restart bypasses it, try disabling it see if the issue persits