Acer Aspire IT TC-895-EB11 with Acer ET322QR Monitor

JimM1957
JimM1957 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Recently purchased the above desktop (Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 10th Gen Intel Core I5 processor 10400, Intel UHD 630 graphics, 12GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB HHD, 500W PSU) at BestBuy in Canada and using it with the above curved 32" monitor. Works well except for one thing, when viewing streaming services (Bell Fibe, Prime, Disney+) and select an item to view the screen goes black and monitor goes into sleep mode. Need to unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable from the desktop and then the monitor comes back and can view the item normally.  Also using a small bar speaker using a USB port.  Anybody know of a fix?  If not, what graphics card should I use to override the UHD 630 (computer not used for gaming but will use it for some basic video editing later on)?  Thank you. 

Best Answer

• JimM1957

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Got the graphics card today and everything is now working as it should. Thank you for your help.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    We probably need to pin it down to either the GPU or the monitor before buying a different GPU. Can you try the monitor on a different PC or the PC with a different monitor?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Originally ordered an HP Pavilion gaming computer with a GTX-1660 card and the monitor worked fine for streaming but the fan noise was unbearable and I returned it. The rep at BestBuy said the intel graphics shouldn't be a problem when streaming HD streams. Also, had the same problem with my old desktop (Gateway DX4860-EF29P) which also had Intel Graphics. I did some searching around the web and found some conversations around a potential fix existing for the UHD 360 driver but when I updated to the latest driver there was no difference (someone said that only the Acer graphics driver update would fix the problem but I never found it). Userbench.com says that only the GTX 1650 or 1660 (other than the Intel) is compatible (worried about them fitting in the case) but I've seen stuff saying that GT-1030 works also and, while underpowered compared to the others, may be enough for my needs and looks like it'll fit in the case with no problem.  Would appreciate any further feedback you may have.  Thanks.
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Update: Was able to add the proper driver for the ET322QR monitor in Device Manager, this allowed for an update to the UHD graphics driver. Did a restart on the computer and, drum roll please, nothing changed! Still going to a black screen, showing "No Signal" as a message and then going into sleep mode. Help please!
  • billsey
    Were you unable to do the tests I suggested? There are only the three variables, a computer, the cable and the monitor. If you can pin it down by testing any of those with a different connection we'd be a lot closer to solving it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Like I said before, the computer with a graphics card worked with the monitor and the cable while neither computer with Intel UHD (recent and 2007 versions) worked for streaming.  Starting to think I need a graphics card.
  • billsey
    Take a picture for me of the back of the computer and highlight the port you are using for the monitor.
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Tried it on both HDMI ports  on the computer and both HDMI ports of the monitor with the same results.

• billsey
    I can't quite see the expansion slots, but it looks like there's no GPU card in there. If there were you'd have to use it's ports instead of the onboard because the BIOS disabled the onboard video if it detects a GPU card... I can't think of anything else that might be inhibiting normal operation of the HDMI ports. HD streaming shouldn't be trying to change resolution to something unsupported. I'd start by seeing if Best Buy can swap the box out for you and contact Acer support is it's too late for that. It doesn't sound normal...
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Thanks for the help, I ordered a ASUS GT 1030 and will get it by the end of the week. Will see if this resolves the issue.
  • billsey
    Do let us know...
  • JimM1957

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Got the graphics card today and everything is now working as it should. Thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.