Having trouble installing Gigabyte Geforce gtx 1050 ti low profile 4G into Acer Aspire TC 780-EB13

Options
JJB1963
JJB1963 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have:
Acer Aspire TC780-EB13 with a built in Intel HD Graphics 630, i7-7700 CPU 3.60 GHz 300 power supply
I bought a Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 ti OC Low Profile 4G
I put the card in slot, installed the software, when I tried to start the PC, I had no video on either the new HDMI input or the internal video HDMI.
The monitor is a ASUS Tuf 31.5" gaming monitor and only has 1 HDMI input, 1 VGA input, no DVI input.
Also, after installing the drivers, the NVIDEA driver software wants to install the new drivers and it won't pass the compatibility test. I know this card is compatible with this system as this is what was recommended by this forum.
I need help.

Thanks

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    JJB1963 said:
    I have:
    Acer Aspire TC780-EB13 with a built in Intel HD Graphics 630, i7-7700 CPU 3.60 GHz 300 power supply
    I put the card in slot, installed the software, when I tried to start the PC, I had no video on either the new HDMI input or the internal video HDMI.
    The monitor is a ASUS Tuf 31.5" gaming monitor and only has 1 HDMI input, 1 VGA input, no DVI input.
    Also, after installing the drivers, the NVIDEA driver software wants to install the new drivers and it won't pass the compatibility test. I know this card is compatible with this system as this is what was recommended by this forum.
    I need help.

Thanks

Have you updated all the appropriate Drivers or Bios related F3 and F3_beta update especially related to “Release for SAMSUNG Memory” and the Utilities updates for the Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 ti OC Low Profile 4G from this link? Also have a look at the manual and what is stated in the Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 manual in step 2. Hardware Installation “If there are power connectors on your card, remember to connect the power cable to them, or the system will not boot. Do not touch the card when it’s operating to prevent system instability”

Because what you are saying it seems to me that there is a connection problem, check the PCIe x16 slot and the graphics cards slots if they are not damaged and that they are making 100% contact and the cards is “screwed down and fastened down and in its place tightly and appropriately so that the card is seated in its PCIe slot truly and appropriately”.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    JJB1963 said:
    I have:
    I need help.

Thanks

Have you updated all the appropriate Drivers or Bios related F3 and F3_beta update especially related to “Release for SAMSUNG Memory” and the Utilities updates for the Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 ti OC Low Profile 4G from this link? Also have a look at the manual and what is stated in the Gigabyte GEForce GTX 1050 manual in step 2. Hardware Installation “If there are power connectors on your card, remember to connect the power cable to them, or the system will not boot. Do not touch the card when it’s operating to prevent system instability”

Because what you are saying it seems to me that there is a connection problem, check the PCIe x16 slot and the graphics cards slots if they are not damaged and that they are making 100% contact and the cards is “screwed down and fastened down and in its place tightly and appropriately so that the card is seated in its PCIe slot truly and appropriately”.

• JJB1963
    JJB1963 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank-you...after the bios update it started working....now to hopefully get the resolution setting for the monitor :)
  • StevenGen
    Options
    JJB1963 said:
    Thank-you...after the bios update it started working....now to hopefully get the resolution setting for the monitor :)

Great, glad to be of some help for you and others, as allot of these problems are related to fine tuning these cards to your system. The resolution settings for your monitor can be done appropriately within the OS and fine tuning it that way to your monitor. Good luck.