Keeps turning off Aspire A315-51-3523

MattyL
MattyL Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop Acer Aspire A315-51-3523 abruptly shut down and will not turn on. If I run my fingers over the keyboard randomly the screen will sometimes light up showing various things but this is unpredictable. I have also found the screen will stay on longer if once it comes I keep a key, any key, pressed but this is not foolproof it does eventually go black again with a key held and if I let go for a second it will immediately go black again. 
It is very hard to work out what is going on with this but among the things I've seen are.
Acer logo and the words starting Automatic repair
Login screen for Windows
Able to login to Windows but then it stops again before I can do anything 
Login blocked for too many attempts (this came up on my second attempt)
A blue 'boot'(?) Screen that I did not understand. 

Again all of these appear fleetingly and having zero technical knowledge I could really do with someone to talk me through exactly what to do.

Answers

• MattyL
    MattyL Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sorry this may have appeared twice the website is confusing in my phone. 
    I actually got as far as opening the Windows help feature this time but I tried to type an explanation and had to take my finger off the c for half a second and it died again 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Try this. With the machine turned off, remove the charger. Then press and hold a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the battery charge LED to go from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn the laptop on again to see if it behaves normally. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ