TC-605 USB 3.0 port (with battery icon) (Code 43)

GandG12
GandG12 Member Posts: 4 New User
I’m having issues with the Acer TC-605, I have had it for at least 5 years now, the issue relates to one of the front USB 3.0 ports. It is the one with a battery icon.

When I plug my phone into that port it will charge up the phone however the system itself does not recognise the phone as a device. It is the same if I plug my webcam etc into the port it the system simply does not see it. Plugging the webcam into the USB 3.0 port next to it does work.

The driver is the latest.

I have looked in the device manager and there is one of the USB’s shown as;

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

In the properties of the device it the status reads as; Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I have tried all of the suggestions to resolve the issue as per this webpage https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/how-to-fix-device-descriptor-request-failed-unknown-usb-device-in-windows-10 however, not one of them works. I still have the error.

How can one USB port not work correctly when all others do especially the other one that is on the front panel?

Any actual resolutions for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Neil

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Try deleting that device in Device Manager, then letting the OS reinstall. Some of the latest Windows updates seem to be playing havoc with USB hubs at the hardware level, but I haven't been able to pin it down fully.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GandG12
    GandG12 Member Posts: 4 New User
    billsey said:
    Try deleting that device in Device Manager, then letting the OS reinstall. Some of the latest Windows updates seem to be playing havoc with USB hubs at the hardware level, but I haven't been able to pin it down fully.

I had previously tried that method and tried it again this morning but still doesn't make a difference. It is really annoying how it is just 1 port and non of the others are affected.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    It's possible that something zapped the port when it was plugged in. It sounds like the data side of things is getting corrupted, causing the unknown device descriptor. I believe that is less likely that a software issue, but it's still a possibility.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.