My Acer Aspire R14's Left hinge is pullung my laptop's body apart when I open my laptop.

MaddyCarrano
MaddyCarrano Member Posts: 2 New User
I have had my laptop for a few years now and absolutely am in love with it, so much so that I recommended Acer's to family and friends. So you can imagine how disappointed and disallussioned I have become with Acer when the computer body started to come apart at the seam. My Acer Aspire R14's Left hinge is pullung my laptop's body apart a the seam when I open it. I started reading some of the complaints about Acer and noticed that this is more common than I originally thought I love my Acer and aside from this issue it still functions to my liking. However if this issue is a manufacturing issue there should be some type of restitution to the clientelle who have invested in the purchase of this product. I would ideally prefer to have this issue fixed so that I may keep my laptop. Who can I contact to address this issue?  (This is my 4th Acer and the only one that I have an issue with).. 

Answers

• MaddyCarrano
    MaddyCarrano Member Posts: 2 New User
    Very disallussioned with my Acer. It has a left hinge problem which is pulling the left side of my laptop apart. It is the Acer Aspire R 14. I noticed that several others have had the same problem. How can I resolve?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Sorry. This is common for all consumer grade, non-ruggedized plastic body laptops irrespective of brand from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Google the keywords 'hinge' and any major consume laptop manufacturer such as 'Dell', 'HP', and compare the number of hits. Very common. The hinges and their anchors are the most highly stressed part of all laptops. For out of warranty laptops, a satisfactory hinge anchor repair can often be made with a 2-part epoxy such a JBWeld. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ