Critical low battery Acer Aspire E15

Nadiana22
Nadiana22 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I hope I posted this on the right forum but, a few days ago,  i tried starting my laptop about 15 minutes after i had put it on standbye and when i started it i got a black screen and then around 5 minuted later the screen lit up but there was still nothing on the screen, I then waited another 5 minutes andthe "Acer" start up screen came up but it stayed like that for a solid 3 minutes. Right after that the "Critical Low Battery" screen showed up and 3 seconds later it shut down. I repeatedly tried it but it wouldjust do the same thing over and over. I am thinking its a hardware problem like the Battery. Please someone tell me whats wrong, my laptop is an Acer Aspire E15 Start.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Nadiana22
    Dont worry it can be fixed with few troubleshoot sometimes.

Try Power drain.
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop

Hold windows key and press X.
    >>>go to device manager
    >>>uninstall the battery drivers and restart the unit. dont delete any drivers. 
    Image result for battery drivers

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Nadiana22
    Nadiana22 Member Posts: 3 New User
    It doesn't work.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Nadiana22 said:
    It doesn't work.
    how about the charger. is it working with other unit. or did you check with different charger. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,995 Pathfinder
    @Nadiana22
    try the below step
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!