My Acer Aspire A515-55 can't detect the power cord

als92
als92 Member Posts: 1 New User
I've had my Aspire A515 for about 4 months. It worked great for most of that time, but now it has a very difficult time detecting the power cord.
Even the slightest jerk and the laptop will alert me that it is running on battery power.
And it's not exactly a simple matter of pushing the plug in again.
I often have to turn the cord to different angles and push it in with considerable pressure.
Several times nothing has worked, and I've had to just keep it running on battery for a while and hope it works again later.
I'm very worried the laptop will lose the ability to charge forever.

I have purchased another power cord from the Acer store. It has made no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can fix it?
If I can't, then I just can't justify buying another Acer product.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,739 Pathfinder
    @als92
    Even after getting a new power cord if you have the same issue than definitely it should be the charging port on the laptop.
    Call Acer and send it in, they should be able to fix it. In order to call them check the link below
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MAGFoxRox
    MAGFoxRox Member Posts: 1 New User
    als92 said:
    I've had my Aspire A515 for about 4 months. It worked great for most of that time, but now it has a very difficult time detecting the power cord.
    Even the slightest jerk and the laptop will alert me that it is running on battery power.
    And it's not exactly a simple matter of pushing the plug in again.
    I often have to turn the cord to different angles and push it in with considerable pressure.
    Several times nothing has worked, and I've had to just keep it running on battery for a while and hope it works again later.
    I'm very worried the laptop will lose the ability to charge forever.

I have purchased another power cord from the Acer store. It has made no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can fix it?
    If I can't, then I just can't justify buying another Acer product.
    I have this exact problem.  At first, I thought it was the power cord, and thought I had fixed the problem when I switched it out with an old Gateway power cord that worked.  Over time, it started to fail in the exact same way.  I updated the BIOS driver, and that worked for a while, but now nothing works and I'm down to 40% on the battery.