My average temperature while gaming reaches about 90c in PT315-51. What should I do?

Options
N_Kenji
N_Kenji Member Posts: 2 New User
I have an Acer predator triton 300 8gb ram, i7 9750H, GTX 1650, 60hz 1080p. I was playing Assassin's Creed Origins (with turbo mode on) and saw my cpu temperature was in the range of 85 to 93. CPU usage was also ranging from 80 to 100%. I played at medium graphics and got an average fps of 72. I don't preferably want to undervolt or use a thermal paste or something that risky. I don't have a nice surface so I keep the laptop on my lap but do not cover the fans below so they can get air.  I don't know what the problem is though I am considering using a cooling pad but don't know if it will help or not or even if it reduces the temperature is the problem solved or I just prevented a symptom from showing?

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @N_Kenji
    Nitro and Predator products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @N_Kenji
    Nitro and Predator products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.
  • N_Kenji
    N_Kenji Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Jack22 Thanks for the information. I searched the net and many websites claim that though a 90c temperature won't cause any immediate problem but it will decrease the lifetime of the processor. That worries me so much that I literally stopped playing anything. I want my laptop to last till atleast 2030 before it's last breath (I bought it on Jan '20). As you said predator laptops can handle these spikes but I just want to ensure it won't cause any long term issues or decrease the lifetime of my laptop. 
  • Jack22
    Options
    @N_Kenji
    I can understand the problem you have , but the spike of temp is common on Predator and Nitro. These model have the power to run the games that is the reason for the spike. So these unit can run for a longer period of time
This discussion has been closed.