Is it normal for battery kept on charger to be drained immediately when unplugged? Triton 300

Shaf3i
Shaf3i Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
So I have my "Triton 300" on the charger most of the time because of the increased performance and things, but two days ago when the electricity went out I noticed that the battery percentage was 93%, not 100% as it should be after all it was just unplugged !!!
And today I unplugged it and found that the percentage was 89%. This made me worry about the battery and how I should use it, I attached an image for the capacity of the battery report from windows. What should I do to keep the battery healthy for as long as possible?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @Shaf3i

Conditioning a new battery
    Before you use a battery pack for the first time, there is a conditioning process that you should follow. This will ensure your battery accepts the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge, and will shorten the effective lifespan of the battery. We recommend this conditioning process for all new batteries, or if a battery has not been used for a long time.

1. Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
    2. Turn on the computer and complete setting up the operating system.
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    4. Operate the computer using battery power.
    5. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
    6. Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.

Charging the battery

• Only use the AC adapter that came with your computer.
    • Plug the AC adapter into the computer, and connect to a power outlet.
    • You can continue to operate your computer on AC power while your battery is charging.
    • Turning your computer off while the battery is charging will significantly reduce charging time.

Optimizing battery life

• Remove accessories that are not being used (e.g. a USB disk drive), as they can continue to draw power.
    • Store your PC in a cool, dry place. The recommended temperature is 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher temperatures cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
    • Excessive recharging decreases the battery life.

Conditions that can adversely affect the battery

• Using the computer on constant AC power.
    • Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described above.
    • Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the end of its effective life. An embedded battery has a life span of more than 1,000 charge/discharge cycles.

Checking the battery level
    The power meter indicates the current battery level. Rest the cursor over the battery/power icon on the taskbar to see the battery's present charge level.

Battery-low warning
    When using battery power pay attention to the power meter. If you receive a battery-low warning, connect your computer to the power adapter immediately, or save your work and turn off the computer until you can charge it.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Shaf3i

Tinkerer

Shaf3i said:
    So I have my "Triton 300" on the charger most of the time because of the increased performance and things, but two days ago when the electricity went out I noticed that the battery percentage was 93%, not 100% as it should be after all it was just unplugged !!!
    And today I unplugged it and found that the percentage was 89%. This made me worry about the battery and how I should use it, I attached an image for the capacity of the battery report from windows. What should I do to keep the battery healthy for as long as possible?

A quick Update I left the laptop on battery for about 30 min only chrome open it went from 98% to 62% is this considered normal?

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @Shaf3i
    No its not normal, try to uninstall the battery driver by going to device manager and restart the unit and check, make sure the unit to updated.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Shaf3i

Tinkerer

@Jack22 I just uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, the battery is being charged now. the weird thing is it was good when I first used it 3 months ago but now it's kinda trash, and how can I play games without constant AC I usually unplug the AC when I'm not using the laptop (Shutdown / Sleep) 
  • Can you check battery wear with the hwinfo64 program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shaf3i

Tinkerer

Can you check battery wear with the hwinfo64 program?

I will do a battery calibration later on today as I need to use the laptop right now and share the results here but for now, this is the results from HWInfo and I've turned on the charge limit from Acer care center. 
  • Does the problem still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shaf3i

Tinkerer

Does the problem still occur?
    haven't tried the laptop on battery but today after power on the percentage was59 and I unplugged before shutdown it was 80
  • OK! Do you turn off the laptop with a device connected to the USB ports? Have you tried to disable this function?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer