Need help with my Acer Nitro XF243Y

MercWithAaMouth
MercWithAaMouth Member Posts: 6 New User
This is my first Acer monitor and whenever I log into apex the start up screen starts off bright but when it goes into the lobby all the colors get dim and darken. When I go from the dark lobby in apex back to my Xbox Home Screen it brightens up again. Is there a way to fix this? 

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @MercWithAaMouth

Did you check your game settings for the brightness? HDR, contrast settings. From what I see, it might be associated with the game. Does the same happen on other games as well?

Please share an update.

Please click on "Yes" if this answered your question.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    MercWithAaMouth

Check the cables. try a power on self test. 
    >>> remove all the cables on the monitor including power cables.
    >>> press and hold the power button and then connect the power cable and hdmi. restart the computer or xbox.
    >>> if possible try on a windows base unit and check it. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • MercWithAaMouth
    It does not happen for the other games it only seems to happen for Apex. When I check the settings on the Xbox home page and settings when it goes to apex the settings are the same. I’ve used it for a week now and it wasn’t doing this in the beginning it just started yesterday. Doing the cables and power on self test didn’t change it unfortunately. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Likely they updated Apex on you, to a buggier version. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon, though you could ping them to make sure they are aware of the issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MercWithAaMouth
    I moved my Xbox to a different monitor and a tv in a different room an there seems to be no issue there. Is there a setting in the monitor that automatically dims or brightens what your watching or playing depending on the content? Kinda like eco mode or light sensors for tvs.
  • MercWithAaMouth
    It has happening to all my games now. Not just apex.