Toshiba background on brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop?

Roxy1989
Roxy1989 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,
I recently bought this model from Argos: 
Buy Acer Aspire3 15.6in Celeron 4GB 128GB Laptop & Microsoft 365 | Laptops | Argos

After setting it up, I noticed it had a Toshiba background. Please see attached photo. 

Funnily enough, this is the same background as my previous laptop, which was a Toshiba Satellite. I thought maybe Windows had synced my old background? However, I was told this was not possible and was informed this maybe because my Acer is refurbished (despite buying it new and it appearing unused). Is there any way to check if my laptop is refurbished? Can anyone shed any light on why it would come with a Toshiba background as default?

Kind regards,
Roxy

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    @Roxy1989
    Try doing a reset on the unit once and check, so have to set up the laptop??
    Try resetting the laptop
    1. Navigate to Settings. ...
    2. Select "Update & security"
    3. Click Recovery in the left pane.
    4. Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this Pc
    5. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Roxy1989
    Hi Jack

When I first turned on the laptop, I set it up as if it was new - I went through the set up process. It started with a new Windows, locked to Windows 10 S, with no data on it and default settings. 
     After this, I transferred all my old data from my old laptop to the Acer. If I reset it, will I lose all this data and should therefore back it up first?
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    Roxy1989 said:
    Hi Jack

When I first turned on the laptop, I set it up as if it was new - I went through the set up process. It started with a new Windows, locked to Windows 10 S, with no data on it and default settings. 
     After this, I transferred all my old data from my old laptop to the Acer. If I reset it, will I lose all this data and should therefore back it up first?
    Yes, by doing reset you will lose data on the laptop. so first back up the data
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Roxy1989
    I reset it and it is still the same background. I don't understand why an Acer laptop has this background?