Why does my application suddenly gets white screen? [Predator Helios 300, 315-52]

Raikishi
Raikishi Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi I recently have this problem where the laptop seems to whitescreen the game that I am currently playing but it doesn't affect the other applications (Spotify, Firefox, Messenger).  The transitioning of the laptop from plugging in an HDMI (for external monitor) is similar to what is happening but it renders my game unplayable because of the white screen. I can still control the game (it outputs proper audio) but I cannot see anything because it is white. What I do to fix my game is to close and re-open it and I believe this is not a fix haha I cannot play other realtime games such as Valorant because of this issue. My friend who has the same laptop experiences it too but in her case, closing and re-opening the game does not fix it (a restart does). Please help me fix this, thank you in advance!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @Raikishi
    You know the white screen problem does not happen when you use other application, so there is no problem with the laptop.
    Check the specs of the games yo playing and check whether that matches the laptop specs or uninstall the program and install it again and play.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Raikishi

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @Raikishi
    You know the white screen problem does not happen when you use other application, so there is no problem with the laptop.
    Check the specs of the games yo playing and check whether that matches the laptop specs or uninstall the program and install it again and play.

The applications affected are always the games being played such as Valorant, CSGO, Genshin and all of the other games. Even streamlabs gets closed on its own when the laptop 'refreshes' everything, sort of like when you plug an HDMI and it black screens for a second then turns back on, but this time the games are pure white but can be operated. The games are not the problem, it has something to do with the laptop.
  • Raikishi

Tinkerer

And as I have said before on the post, this happens to my friend too with the same laptop and both after the recent update. We can no longer return to the previous one since 10 days have already passed.