Computer starts to boot up, then goes blank screen. Acer Aspire V 11

RickiB
RickiB Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer Aspire V 11 TOUCH that's 5 years old. It was fine yesterday but today when I turned it on, it only got as far as the "explore beyond the limits" screen and then it went blank. Is it toast?

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    RickiB said:
    OK, I did that, Christy1. There are several tabs there but I am not savvy enough to know what do do next. Can you help with that?
    Thanks,
    Ricki
    Well happy that you got this page. Which made sure that it's not hardware issue.  Now press for for default settings.  Confirm with yes. Then press f10 to save and exit. Note: your mouse won't work. Only keyboard options. Wait for the unit to restart and check.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    RickiB 
    Dont worry we can help you. try to turn on the unit and keep tapping the F2 as soon as the unit was on. >>> it will take you to a bios page. check on that page if its showing display. 

Image result for bios
  • RickiB

Tinkerer

OK, I did that, Christy1. There are several tabs there but I am not savvy enough to know what do do next. Can you help with that?
    Thanks,
    Ricki
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    RickiB said:
    Thanks,
    Ricki
    Well happy that you got this page. Which made sure that it's not hardware issue.  Now press for for default settings.  Confirm with yes. Then press f10 to save and exit. Note: your mouse won't work. Only keyboard options. Wait for the unit to restart and check.
  • RickiB

Tinkerer

Christy1, you are my hero! :) It came back very slowly, then I shut it down and re-booted again, just to be sure and it's back to normal. YEAH!
    Just curious now as to what caused this...is it the nature of the beast, a common glitch or a sign of worse things to come?
  • christy1
    RickiB said:
    Christy1, you are my hero! :) It came back very slowly, then I shut it down and re-booted again, just to be sure and it's back to normal. YEAH!
    Just curious now as to what caused this...is it the nature of the beast, a common glitch or a sign of worse things to come?
    Happy for your words ricki. And Happy that your computer is working. It can a small glitch or conflicts. Try to update the computer and restart the computer when your not using the unit. Good luck 
  • RickiB

Tinkerer

Will do and thanks again.