Aspire 5 A514-54G Touchpad is lagging

zec
zec Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
my touchpad freezes sometimes i dont know why.
it seems like everyone who has these model laptop having this problem. i already inastalled io driver but it doesnt help. anyone know hor can i fix it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click HumanInterface folder. Right click touchpad properties. Click power management tab. If it exists, uncheck box to allow laptop to shut off touchpad to save power.

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click HumanInterface folder. Right click touchpad properties. Click power management tab. If it exists, uncheck box to allow laptop to shut off touchpad to save power.
    unfortunately i dont have power management tab on touchpad properties
  • JackE
    Check mouse folder. See if any have power management tabs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    edited February 2021
    JackE said:
    Check mouse folder. See if any have power management tabs. Jack E/NJ
     i dont have pwr management tab there too:/
  • JackE
    Try this. Open Device Manager again. Then click the sound, video etc folder. Right click Realtek audio and temporarily disable it. Then check for touchpad lag again with Realteck audio disabled. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    JackE said:
    Try this. Open Device Manager again. Then click the sound, video etc folder. Right click Realtek audio and temporarily disable it. Then check for touchpad lag again with Realteck audio disabled. Jack E/NJ
    i did what you say andd after one min ago i face with the lag again :/ 
  • JackE
    Did it stop lagging immediately after disabling the audio? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    JackE said:
    Did it stop lagging immediately after disabling the audio? Jack E/NJ
    no. after disablimg it one or two min ago, the touchpad started to lagging
  • JackE
    OK. Re-enable the realtek audio. Then download and install DriverBooster freeware to see if it will pick up newer touchpad and other drivers on line that will fix the lag issue. If it doesn't work then try the other freeware driver tools listed below. More than one driver tool is often needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    JackE said:
    hey, i have been using my pc with disabiling realtek audio for day and surprisingly i have no lags!! but with that im unable to listen anyting on my pc. are you having solution for this?
  • JackE
    You said earlier on Feb 10th that >>>after disablimg it one or two min ago, the touchpad started to lagging>>>>
    But today you said>>>i have been using my pc with disabiling realtek audio for day and surprisingly i have no lags!!>>>

I'm confused. After disabling audio, did the touchpad stop lagging or did it NOT stop lagging? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zec
    JackE said:
    You said earlier on Feb 10th that >>>after disablimg it one or two min ago, the touchpad started to lagging>>>>
    But today you said>>>i have been using my pc with disabiling realtek audio for day and surprisingly i have no lags!!>>>

I'm confused. After disabling audio, did the touchpad stop lagging or did it NOT stop lagging? Jack E/NJ

well i want to try it again and todayi have no lag since than
  • JackE
    OK. Now re-enable the realtek audio in Device Manager. Does the lag reappear? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• lebull
    lebull Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    @zec are you connected to the power supply while it is NOT lagging?
  • zec
    lebull said:
    @zec are you connected to the power supply while it is NOT lagging?
    when i disabled realtek audio, i use my pc both connected with power suply and not connected & i have no lag. but it is just one day, im gonna try it also tomorrow.

but it you are asking in general, i have this problem im both situation
  • JackE
    Please re-enable the realtek audio in Device Manager now. Does the lag reappear? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dendyadinirwana
    dendyadinirwana Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey, I have same problem here. Please acer fix this. I have taken it to the Acer service center and they have replaced the touchpad. but after i update windows then the touchpad error, it always lagging and freezes sometimes
  • zec
    Hey, I have same problem here. Please acer fix this. I have taken it to the Acer service center and they have replaced the touchpad. but after i update windows then the touchpad error, it always lagging and freezes sometimes
    i tried everything but nothing helped. i think it is sth about windows10. i'm waiting for win11 i hope it helps :'(
  • JackE
    Then you both should download and try iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see it it picks up anything on line to relsolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• dendyadinirwana
    dendyadinirwana Member Posts: 2 New User
    I already disable realtek audio but touchpad keeps freezing sometimes