Repair services issue PH315-52-72EV-US

Options
Jas01
Jas01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Product :PH315-52-72EV-US. So my laptop stopped working like a month ago. I shipped it to acer for repair as it was still under warranty. A week ago I checked  my status on the repair site and it stated suspended. I called the customer service to understand  what's going on with my laptop. They claim "the repair tech found a liquid spill so its not covered  under warranty anymore so they are offering  me to ship it back unrepaired or offering me to buy a replacement  for orignal price of the product while not giving any warranty  on it other than remainder of my orignal product". Firstly,  I have never experienced a liquid spill on the laptop in any shape or form so I was completely  in shock in this claim of theirs. Secondly, I called them costumer center multiple time to get in contact with repair center but never got a single  call or an email from them. Thirdly, I had to call a level 2 customer support several  times for 2 weeks to get any sorts of the picture proofs of their claim since they received my product and suspended my case on the very first day they received  my case. I feel completely  cheated by acer as their website claims even if the liquid spills are not covered  under warranty  they do offer a repair for a fee but no they want money for sending  me a replacement  and thats all they can do or send it unrepaired. When I contacted  the level 2 customer support they said their policy changed and they only offer a replacement and no repairs as their policies changed. When I bought  the product website claim under their waranty service was and still is that they offer a repair for a fee and not a replacement in an instance of any liquid damage. Guys be a judge  of this yourselves I thinks this is a complete abuse of costumer legal rights and their malpractice and false advertisements and claims are so fishy. Now I am going to attach some images so that you guys can discuss on it.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Firstly, what was the initial problem and what was wrong with your laptop? Have you got proof and/or a document of your description of your PH315-52-72EV-US fault that you sent to Acer Service with our laptop?

As saying “Product: PH315-52-72EV-US. So my laptop stopped working like a month ago” is very basic and in this case you need to be more specific and have proof, as and unless you have categorical proof that your laptop didn’t have a liquid spill e.g. written document description when you sent the laptop to Acer, photos, video of your PH315-52-72EV-US before you sent the laptop to Acer Service and what you service problem were, then it could be ‘your word against Acers” which is very hard to prove.

You will have to personally contact an Acer Service manager/official and/or personally go to Acer (if they are in your area) and sort this out, as these sorts of problems are very hard to prove ‘either way’ unless and as I’ve said ’you have documented, photo and video categorical proof’ of your pre sending to Acer Service problem(s). Good luck as this must be a very annoying problem and I'm sure that Acer will sort things out for you. 

• Jas01
    Jas01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:

Firstly, what was the initial problem and what was wrong with your laptop? Have you got proof and/or a document of your description of your PH315-52-72EV-US fault that you sent to Acer Service with our laptop?

As saying “Product: PH315-52-72EV-US. So my laptop stopped working like a month ago” is very basic and in this case you need to be more specific and have proof, as and unless you have categorical proof that your laptop didn’t have a liquid spill e.g. written document description when you sent the laptop to Acer, photos, video of your PH315-52-72EV-US before you sent the laptop to Acer Service and what you service problem were, then it could be ‘your word against Acers” which is very hard to prove.

You will have to personally contact an Acer Service manager/official and/or personally go to Acer (if they are in your area) and sort this out, as these sorts of problems are very hard to prove ‘either way’ unless and as I’ve said ’you have documented, photo and video categorical proof’ of your pre sending to Acer Service problem(s). Good luck as this must be a very annoying problem and I'm sure that Acer will sort things out for you. 

I was operating my system one day and it suddenly shut in middle of watching a YouTube video. I tried to turn it on with no sucess as it wasn't turning on even with a charger plugged. My initial thing I did was to immediately  call acer customer support , in which the customer  support lady walked me through the process of reseting the computer which didn't  worked so she told me there's nothing else to do other than shipping it to acer guys to take a look and do repair as it was still under warranty. So I did as they said shipped it in its orignal packing to acer depot.  Description :PH315-52-72EV-US W10HCML64P/I7-9750H/BT/RTX 2060/16G/512GB PCI NVME/4L3.72/15.6  
    Thier reply :
    Here are the pictures you requested of your notebook computer serial number NHQ54************. The repair tech found a liquid spill in the system and this is considered physical damage, and not covered under our standard manufacturer’s warranty. We can ship the unit back to you unrepaired at no additional fee or we can replace it with  NH.Q7YAA.001 - PH315-53-781R-US W10HCML64P/I7-10750H/BT/RTX 2060/16G/1TB PCI NVME/4L3.22/15.6​ for a fee of 1557.15 CAD plus applicable taxes. You may contact me directly 254-298-4407 or toll free 1-866-658-2237, available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM CST and reference your case ID 4****CA. 
    I don't  have acer store or acer center in my town and its like 300 kms away from where I live. And I don't know any way in which I can contact Service manager. I don't know what to do I'm down a laptop and I can't afford to buy a new  one during these times , I would have even paid for repair costs if they asked me to but no they want me to to buy a new one and outright say I'm out of luck for repairs. I think it's my fault to put my hard earned money in a brand which doesn't  respect their customers rights.