Predator Triton 300 RAM upgrade clarification PT315-52

Arthik_Singh
Arthik_Singh Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I am planning to upgrade RAM on my Predator Triton 300 2020 version, which comes with 10th GEN i5/8GB RAM etc. My laptop RAM frequency shows 2933mhz, where in I want to plug-in another RAM stick in the free slot. So my concern is, I don’t find much options for 2933mhz ddr4 RAM sticks, would it be feasible for me to use a 3200mhz stick in the free shot (8gb 2933mhz x 8gb 3200mhz), like to different MHz? Or can I replace the original 2933mhz with two 16gb 3200mhz sticks? As a result of this combination should not leave any impact on the laptop performance or RAM speeds to a downgraded aspect 

Please suggest the best option. Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Arthik_Singh
    please provide the exact model number of the unit. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @Arthik_Singh
    Its always better to put the Ram which has got the same speed. So if you want put another 8 or 16 make sure the MHz for the Ram are same.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Arthik_Singh

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Hi @Jack22

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. :) 
    So, can I use two 3200mhz RAM sticks instead of 2933mhz (which came with the laptop)?? Would that be supported by the motherboard??

it would be very helpful if you could please suggest the best practice here.
  • Arthik_Singh

Tinkerer

Hello @christy1,

Thank you for the response. The model number is PT315-52

Hope this helps. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Arthik_Singh

this is the ram specs you can use. if your increasing the ram. then it has to be 2 of its same kind. for eg: 8gb & 8gb or 16gb and 16gb. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    Hi @Jack22

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. :) 
    So, can I use two 3200mhz RAM sticks instead of 2933mhz (which came with the laptop)?? Would that be supported by the motherboard??

it would be very helpful if you could please suggest the best practice here.
    use the Ram speed which came with the unit but yes you can upgrade from 8GB to 16 GB
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!