predator G3 710 psu replacement question

DrumrJoe
DrumrJoe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hello,

I have been dealing with a very noisy psu fan problem for awhile now and want to swap out the original PSU.. I did buy a CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 PSU but it doesn't come with a 4 pin ATX power connector.. Not sure if I can order that cable since the PSU is modular.. Or should I just return it and get a different PSU?

Thanks,

Edited the content to hide personal information

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    DrumrJoe said:
    Hello,

I have been dealing with a very noisy psu fan problem for awhile now and want to swap out the original PSU.. I did buy a CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 PSU but it doesn't come with a 4 pin ATX power connector.. Not sure if I can order that cable since the PSU is modular.. Or should I just return it and get a different PSU?

Thanks,

DrumrJoe

I would suggest to return and get a different PSU that actually fits..

Here are the one's that would fit

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    DrumrJoe said:
    Hello,

Thanks,

DrumrJoe

I would suggest to return and get a different PSU that actually fits..

Here are the one's that would fit

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • DrumrJoe
    Thank you Rudy21!

• DrumrJoe
    FWIW, I ordered but cancelled the Lite-on PSU from Newegg and decided to try this one. I found it on Ebay for about half of what the lite-on was thru newegg.. My main concern was the 4 pin CPU power plug.. This one came with a 4+4 cpu power plug and it works great in my Predator! The modular PSU is also good for cable management!  Highly recommend!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Yeah, I've always liked those, just due to the fact you don't need to put wires in that you aren't going to use. Makes things a lot cleaner inside.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.