Acer Predator 17 g5-793, will not boot up

NoctLucis
NoctLucis Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
So my laptop has been plugged in this morning for about 4 hours shut down, I go to turn it on and as I do the central power button, the button that disables the windows key + the trackpad and the mini light showing the laptop is on all turn on for about a second then turn off again. The little light showing that the laptop is plugged in and receiving power is on. I've tried holding the power button but nothing seems to work. I've also tried it without any power being fed into the laptop, however that doesn't work either. Is this a battery issue? I've had this laptop for about 3 years now.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @NoctLucis
    May i have the model name of the unit
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • NoctLucis
    edited February 2021
    Jack22 said:
    @NoctLucis
    May i have the model name of the unit
    acer predator 17 g5-793, is that what you need?
  • Jack22
    @NoctLucis
    Remove the charger and press and hold the power button so that the power light goes off, than press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and than try to turn on or look at the back of the laptop if you find a small tiny pin hole put a pin in the hole and press and hold it for 30 seconds and than try to turn on and check
  • NoctLucis
    Jack22 said:
    @NoctLucis
    Remove the charger and press and hold the power button so that the power light goes off, than press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and than try to turn on or look at the back of the laptop if you find a small tiny pin hole put a pin in the hole and press and hold it for 30 seconds and than try to turn on and check
    no hope with this, it's still doing the same thing as before, flashing the lights for a second then going off
  • Jack22
    @NoctLucis
    Sorry, than it could be the battery or the display as well. So please contact the Acer support. Check the below link to contact Acer
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/