My laptop is probably not going to last for much longer. Acer aspire 1

D34DMUN
D34DMUN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello acer community

My parents bought an Acer aspire 1 for me a year ago and just recently the plastic cover near the hinges broke off, exposing the wire that connects the computer display to the rest of the device. This was ok until the screw head that held the left rear corner ( right next to the cable ) of the back covering popped. Now when ever I close and open the laptop that corner likes to open up and this causes the screen on the laptop to not function. While I can still use the computer, this problem could get much worse if left unchecked.

Is there a way for me to send this in to Acer get it fixed?

If not who would be locally licensed to fix it?

I can not afford to buy a new one

Best Answer

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hey @D34DMUN

That is really unfortunate, you can call Acer and get quote of the cost of repair, but yes, they do repairs if it is even out of warranty. Local technicians are anyone who are experts, in laptops, there are stores that provide extended warranty like Geek Squad, Best buy, Cosco, etc,. You don't have to purchase an extended warranty, but you can ask for quote on cost of repair and work from there. Acer could be a little costlier but it is the best place where you can trust about quality of the repair with your eyes closed. 

Please click "Yes" if I answered your question.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hey @D34DMUN

That is really unfortunate, you can call Acer and get quote of the cost of repair, but yes, they do repairs if it is even out of warranty. Local technicians are anyone who are experts, in laptops, there are stores that provide extended warranty like Geek Squad, Best buy, Cosco, etc,. You don't have to purchase an extended warranty, but you can ask for quote on cost of repair and work from there. Acer could be a little costlier but it is the best place where you can trust about quality of the repair with your eyes closed. 

Please click "Yes" if I answered your question.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)