killer Control Center Problem after Windows update. Predator-PH317.

Options
TheWall92
TheWall92 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello, i have an Helios 300-Predator-PH317.
With last Windows Update came "Rivet Networks- SoftwareComponent & Extension 2.3.3314.0" and now i have a problem  :/.
I have the message "Killer control center: issue detected please go to killernetworking.com to download latest software/drivers".
I downloaded the latest package from this website but i don't arrive to install it.
I also try to restore the pc to a restauration point but i doesn't work either.
Can somebody help me and say what i have to do ?
Many thanks.

Answers

• MerlinStWahgwaan
    MerlinStWahgwaan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I recently ran into this 'wall' myself on an Alienware laptop this week....

Can I ask before I tell you what I did to fix it, first, do you still have all the original stuff installed? you havnt removed anything, the Killer Control Center 2.3.3314.0 or drivers ect, correct? you dont need too if im correct....

If you still have everything, my next question is, are you having internet issues as well? Like unresolved DNS when trying to access websites? Unable to get windows updates, ect?

If all that hold true, I have one last question, are you using AVG AntiVirus? If not which antivirus do you use....?

I ended up with the same error message on every reboot, unable to access even my routers GUI website, and basically no DNS features, yet I could see my network, and ping IP addresses, just not resolve DNS links... and after REINSTALLING windows, i discovered that the latest windows preview update & killer updates, seem to fight with each other over one specific setting within AVG for sure, might be other anti-virus software as well... After reinstalling windows and AVG, I had the issue again and tracked down the issue to a single toggle-able feature in AVG, that when turned on, created the issue, turned off, everything works fine again. (much like if you trick Killer Double shot pro to be turned on without a wired internet connection, it will also cause a loss of system functions that get routed to the wired connection by default)

Try This. In AVG (or your antivirus), in the Settings area, under Web Shield, there is a setting for HTTPS scanning. TURN IT OFF. That should fix the issue alone. For good measure, I always disable Hardware Assisted Virtualization as well, I have had previous other issues with that running, but I dont think it is part of this issue.

Let me know if this helps at all....
  • TheWall92
    Options
    I post an answer yesterday but it does not appear ! Test !

• TheWall92
    Options
    Thank you MerlinStWahgwaan for your answer.
    I found a very simple solution : i have been to the Microsoft Store and just updated the Killer Control Center.
    Everything seems to be fine now.

Is someone know why i didn't arrive to make a restauration point, i am interested :)